Friday, December 17, 2010

Time to cleanse your palette from the staleness of 2010...

Your color palette, that is.  2011 is almost here and if you don't know already, Pantone has picked the perfect new color of the year to cheer us all up!  With the 2010 color of the year being turquoise, a cool, calming tone, Pantone has decided to go in a more chipper direction with a vibrant, almost annoyingly perky pink!  I, myself, have typically been very anti-pink, so when I heard this I had to stop my eyes from rolling.  I've always associated pink with peppy, overly girly, princess-like girls who buy purses specially to stick their poor wallet-sized "dogs" in.  BUT, after looking at the color more I realized that this color adds a much-needed pop in a girl's wardrobe! (Especially if you are like me and have alot of black clothing.)  Here are some staple honeysuckle-colored items that every girl needs for 2011:



These Miss Me shoes are awesome...this is a very dark/saturated honeysuckle color, which I love.  These are definitely a statement shoe that can make any LBD look instantly refreshed.  They would also look great with a pair of dark skinnies and a cute black or charcoal colored top.  Whatever you decide to put with them, let the shoe be the center of attention..that means stick with the minimalist approach on jewelry and other accessories.  These shoes are loud and proud but it works for them :) (And at only $35.00 at DSW, you should let them speak.)


I know what you're thinking "Pink AND ruffles? What is this, Legally Blonde?? Does it smell like bubble gum too??"  Yes, no, and..that would be nice but no.  This top from Express is cool because it's versatile and the more you get to know me, the more you'll realize that I am obsessed with versatility.  Plus, it has a v-neckline which is flattering to almost every female out there because it highlights the chest without being too revealing and the V cut is slimming to the silhouette.  How do you wear it, you ask? Oh, let me count all the ways...First off, I always say for shirts like this buy a size larger than what you normally wear.  You get extra length, which allows you to wear it in alot more ways than shown in this picture.  Pair it with a cami and a pair of leggings and boots for a casual look.  Dress it up with a skinny belt over it (I wouldn't do a thick belt just because it'll take away from the neckline and there will be too much going on in one area.)  Throw a blazer over it with some long dangle earrings, a large ring, and some heels and you're ready to go out! OR if you dare, put a black leather jacket with it and a pair of ankle boots and skinnies to roughen it up a bit.  The possibilities are endless with this one!

I've never been a huge fan of Old Navy, but kudos to them for unknowingly being on top of this color trend!  Even if you only wear this for one year, the mere $12.50 this scarf costs is too good to pass up.  Put it on top of any black top and instantly you'll find yourself smiling a little bit more..this color brings light to anyones face no matter what your skin tone because it is so vibrant.  If you feel like its too much pink right around your face then twist it with a black scarf to break up the color a bit more.  No matter what way you wear it, this scarf is a must-have.


O.P.I. has done it again with its clever play on words and hit the nail (pun intended) on the head with its Lacquer India Collection...especially with the color above named "I'm Indi-a Mood For Love".  Whether or not you are (in the mood for love, that is) this is a nail color you should be in the mood for.  It makes for a great pop of color on your hands and looks flattering on almost every skin tone!  Not to mention, this will be fabulous on your toesies once you can start wearing sandals again!

I don't know about you all, but I am very excited about the new year, and this color is only making me more excited to be done with 2010 and move on to 2011!

1 comment: