Monday, December 20, 2010

In times like these, you need to use your noggin..

...and keep it warm!  I don't know about you guys, but here in Chicago its beginning to look too much like Christmas, if you know what I mean.  That being said, hats have been on my brain (ohhhhh I'm bad!)  Here are some different styles that I've been lusting after:

I love myself a great fedora, but lets be honest, fedoras don't exactly scream winter fashion.  That's why I love cloche's.  They're a chic alternative to the fedora when its snowing and you don't want a bunch of fluff in your brim!  There's a lot of cloche's out there and I suggest trying them on because some are way too deep and you'll just end up looking like a 3 year old with a bucket on your nocker.  This cloche from Target is awesome, though, and I strongly suggest you give it a shot just like you did with that deadbeat ex boyfriend of yours..except this one won't give you a migraine :)

Another type of hat that I love, which looks flattering on almost everyone is the relaxed, knitted beret.  They're casual, comfortable, and can easily transition from outside to in without making you feel out of place.  I personally cannot get enough of these types of hats and have a few different colors.  (If you struggle with them staying in place on your head, bobby pin through the rim of the knit into your hair in a couple strategic places and you should be golden.)  This one from Forever 21 is cute and very affordable, so you can purchase as many colors as you like and not feel guilty that its almost Christmas and you've only been shopping for yourself! (Don't worry, I won't tell anyone.)
This third hat is a quirky lil guy.  When I see these my soul smiles a bit.  Thats right, I'm referring to trapper hats.  They're goofy and they remind us of a guy with more bullets in his rifle than teeth in his mouff.  BUT I think they're adorable and anyone who has the guts to wear them is cool in my book.  Not to mention they are extremely warm.  I L.O.V.E. this one from Charlotte Russe.  Not too much fur, and matches just about any coat you may have in your closet.  Guaranteed Eskimo kiss, ladies.  You'll be irresistibly cute in this gem.

What are you waiting for? Go out there and get yourself a hat or three.  The season isn't changing anytime soon and you're just plain in denial if you think global warming is gonna swoop in and save us until March.

No comments:

Post a Comment